Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

a joyful life

Hello, hello!  Make sure that you click on my face to the right -----> and head over to my "About" to learn more about me and my internet home here at Somewhere Over Yonder.
____________________________________________________________________________________

joy

noun \ˈji\
: a feeling of great happiness
: a source or cause of great happiness : something or someone that gives joy to someone
: success in doing, finding, or getting something

Joy - so simple an idea, yet so seemingly difficult to obtain. I find that many people,  myself definitely included as this is something I am still working on, just expect joy and happiness to be a given.  That there isn't any work that goes into happiness.

This couldn't be any further from the truth.   Joy is something that takes work (at the beginning at least).  Seriously --- you need to take responsibility for the joy in your own life ... or lack thereof.  If you feel  like you are joyless, then grab life by the horns and make shit happen.

And that's why I decided to start (well, re-start/re-do) Somewhere Over Yonder - to add some much needed joy into my own life as well as helping others figure out how to add some to theirs.  The focus will be on the things that bring me the most joy --- adventuring and the outdoors --- but other tidbits will be thrown out as well.

So, welcome and make yourself at home.  I hope you come back, ask questions, and get something out of my ramblings and musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment