Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

some crazy changes



There have been a lot of changes around here at Casa de Liz.  The past month or so has been a whirlwind of activity – some good, some … well, not so good.

Mr. C and I decided that we’d like to move back up to northern Maine to be closer to his daughter.  Well, to be honest, he decided and I basically just went along with it – and as our lease was up three weeks or so later, the move came very quickly.  Because of this and the fact that we have no savings, we’ve moved in with Mr. C’s family.  Yup, it’s us, his mom and step-dad and grandmother in a pretty small house.  Plus, we have his daughter every other weekend.  Needless to say, it’s quite the change from having our own apartment.

During the time we’ve been back, I’ve been applying to a few jobs.  The problem with living in a small town is that there aren’t a lot of options for employment.  After making it to the final rounds of a legal job, I ended up not getting it.  I did get offered a work as you train CAN position, but ultimately decided that I wasn’t cut out for that kind of work (especially at minimum wage) and turned it down.  After four weeks of searching and coming up empty, I made the decision to re-apply at Wal-Mart and started my cashier “career” again.

I went through a lot of emotions during this time – sadness, anger, peace, relief, and a little resentment.  I second guessed … well, if not everything, then a lot about decisions I’ve made, plans that I haven’t pursued and just if I’ve made the best decisions that I could about life and how I want to live it.  

Life is slowly beginning to settle and I am currently working on getting a plan of where I’d like my life to head from here.  I guess that’s the thing about life – you rarely end up where you think you will.  It’s all about rolling with the punches and re-adjusting your sails.

*One thing about the move --- no internet as of yet.  I am trying to get a post up at least once a week until we get an internet connection at the house.  After that, I'll start posting on a more regular schedule. Thanks *

No comments:

Post a Comment