Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

on my shelf // march 2015



IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote

I have to admit, I have a *slight* obsession with true crime stories and this one has been on my "to read list for a long time.  I recently found a copy for $1.00 at my local used book store and knew it was finally time.
I have mixed feelings about In Cold Blood.  Parts of it moved along at a good pace and others were slower.  Too slow in my opinion.  I did like how it went over what the victims and killers were up to in the days leading up to the murders.
All in all, if you are true crime lover like me, definitely pick it up to round out your reading.  If not, I would probably leave this one on the shelf
2.5 out of 5
DARK PLACES by Gillian Flynn
I loved this book!  If you like creepy mysteries - this is a good book for you.  This is the first Gillian Flynn novel I've read and I'm super impressed.
Without giving away the plot, there were enough twists to keep me guessing and on the edge of my seat.  None of the characters came off as super likeable (at least to me), but it was done is such a way that didn't bug me.  I felt like it actually added to the overall story. 
I read this in the car over a weekend.  Every time we went to do something, I couldn't wait to get back to the car to keep reading.
5 out of 5  
Next up for Reading :  *Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn     *Yes Please by Amy Poehler     *N. by Stephen King (this one is a graphic novel)  *America's National Parks by John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment