Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

On My Shelf // April 2015


Stephen King's N.Stephen King's N. by Marc Guggenheim
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

'N' is based on a short story from Stephen King's 'Just After Sunset' and I am a big fan of almost anything Stephen King. That's what attracted me to this graphic novel to begin with.

Anyway - I thought the art work was great. Very creepy and gave a good atmosphere to the story. This is more of a slow burn horror -- you get into the middle of the nerves and "edge of your seat" feeling before you know you are there. Very much had a descent into madness feeling.

If you're into graphic novels and Stephen King, make sure you add this one to your collection.




The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy: A Handbook for Girl GeeksThe Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy: A Handbook for Girl Geeks by Sam Maggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

** I received this book free through NetGalley for an honest review**

"Finding fierce passion for a new fandom is way more fun when you have someone to fangirl with"

This book is all about girls owning their geeky passions, helping you cultivate your fangirl status, and you're new to the scene. There is also an intensive section all about conventions and how to get the most out of them.

It also gives you some helpful tips on how to add your fangirling to every day life.

I have to say, I LOVED this book. It gave me ideas on how to incorporate more of my geeky loved into my life and also helped me kind of fall in love with other fandoms that I may not have realized I'm all about.

If you, or someone you love, is a fangirl - give this one a read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment