Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Stitch Fix // April 2015


So, this is my fifth fix or so. For those of you who don’t know what Stitch Fix is the following is via their website

What is Stitch Fix?


Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!

How does it work?


1. Fill out your Style Profile

Begin by filling out the Style Profile. This helps us understand your size, style, shape, budget and lifestyle. Completing your profile should only take about 10 minutes.

2. Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment

We’ll send you a selection of five clothing items and accessories handpicked by personal stylists on the date you choose. At the time your stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied toward anything you keep from your shipment.

3. Try everything on in the comfort of your home

4. Buy what you like and return the rest

Simply return the items you don't want in our prepaid mailing bag and drop it at any USPS mailbox. Stitch Fix clients enjoy free shipping both ways as a benefit of using our service!

5. Tell us what you think!

Don't forget to give us specific feedback on each of the items you receive. Our personal stylists are able to send you better selections when we know what did and didn’t work for you, and why. Our blog offers a number of tips on the best ways to communicate with your personal stylist.

Anyway – my first few fixes were … hit or miss.  I’d find one, maybe two, items I’d like, occasionally an item I’d love and that was that.  
TRUTH TIME – It is totally my own fault that my first fixes were underwhelming.  I am not good at describing what I did and didn’t like about items and my Pinterest board that I had linked to my profile was all over the place.  Now, my Pinterest board is reviewed and changed up for every fix I get and I try to limit the amount of stuff on it.  Having said that, I did feel like one of the fixes had a stylist that just didn’t pay attention to anything I said I like or wanted.  But, overall, the stylist try very hard to make sure you like what you’re getting.  If you put the effort in to be specific, it’ll pay off for you.
And now back to the review.

MARGARET M – EMER POLKA DOT HIGH WAISTED CROP PANTS ($98)


First off – that $98? That was scary.  They almost went back on that alone.  When I pulled the pants out of the box, the fabric turned me off a bit.  It was stretchy and odd and the pants were (I thought) cut skinny.  But, like a good little fixer, I tried them on …. And was underwhelmed.  Whomp, whomp.  So I went, and dug out my full length mirror, fussed around getting it all set up and then stepped back and took a good look at my pants.
I LOVED them!  Apparently, all it took was a little time on my body to sort of unstiffen and unfold to look awesome!  They are high enough to cover my muffin top, super comfy, and make my legs and butt look good.  This is a good reminder that even if at first you aren’t sure you’ll like it, try it on anyway.  You may just be surprised. 

Sorry - no picture at the moment, but I'm sure they'll make an appearance in photos eventually.
Verdict – KEEP

41 HAWTHORNE – ABRIANNA LONGSLEEVE KNIT CARDIGAN ($48)


This is another one that right out of the box threw me off.  The color is more pink than I go for – pink on my skin tone is just a bad, bad scene.  But, again, I tried it on.  And it looked good.  The color has just enough purple to it to not make me look blotchy.  
Also, it is cut to nip in a bit at the waist, which adds some nice shape to an outfit without having to mess around with a belt.
Verdict – KEEP

BRIXON IVY – FALLON MIXED PRINT SLEEVELESS BLOUSE ($44)


This one has a cute pattern, although it isn’t my favorite piece of the fix.  It’s okay, but I’m not in love.  It was cut well for my body and looked pretty good on.  The unfortunate part?  It was too tight across the girls.  I’ve sent an email to see if I can get a size up.  We’ll see.
Verdict – KEEP, to get the 25% off.  If I can get the next size up, I’ll even wear it to work and what not.

41 HAWTHORNE – RENESME GEO PRINT FAUX WRAP DRESS ($78)


I knew right off I’d love this dress.  And I was right!  It fits like a dream.  That’s all.  I just plain love it.
Verdict – KEEP

FUN2FUN – TORRANCE LACE DETAILED SLEEVELESS BLOUSE ($38)


It looks just sexy enough for date nights and girls nights out.  I wouldn’t wear it to work because it shows too much cleavage for that, but I love it.  
Verdict - KEEP
One of the reasons that I love Stitch Fix is that I don’t have to go to the store and try and figure out what looks good on me.  I am a complete dunce when it comes to clothes.  Poor C has to tell me if things look good.  This takes quite a bit of the guess work out of it.  Also, I can choose to get fixes every 2 or 3 weeks, every month, every quarter --- basically whenever I feel the need.
DISCLAIMER : This is not a sponsored post.  I paid for all of these items as well as the subscription fee.  That said, if you do click through one of the links and sign up, I do get a (very) small credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment