Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Biggest Time Management Challenge -- Solved!



I’m participating in the Startup In 60 Blog Party! Startup In 60 is a time management course for busy women for are ready to finally start their own businesses whether they’ve got 60 days, 60 minutes, or 60 seconds. Click here to join the program.









 One of my biggest challenges with time management is that I tend to want to do too many things -- I have a hard time narrowing down what is the priority for me right now.  Because of that, I usually end up feeling pretty overwhelmed and don't do anything (or very little) or skip around from task to task to task without finishing a thing.

Something that has really helped me with this tendency is to create a master to-do list and a today to-do list.  My master list is the running list of every little thing that pops into my head that I want to get done.  Honestly, at the moment, I have a project/blog master list and a IRL list since I have a couple online projects that I'm working on.

Every Sunday, I sit down with the master lists and write out my today list with the top things I want to accomplish.  Usually, I try and limit it to about 5 or so on weekdays since I also have a 9 to 5 and I tend to go a little bigger on the weekends when I don't have to worry about time so much.  What I use is very similar to Sage's Ultimate To Do List but on a daily instead of weekly basis.  Although looking at it, I may see if that weekly list works better for me for the multiple projects I have going at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the Blog Party, Liz! I'd be lost without my To-Do Lists, and I'm happy you've found a system that works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sage - I am super excited for Start Up in 60! My upcoming paycheck is going to be invested in it and my business ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete